My Teenage Journey....
*Age 12: Was the first time I seen myself as “fat”…And it started the beginning of a vicious cycle of eating disorders that controlled my life for the next 15 years.
* Age 13: My parents divorced and the depression begun. I had no way to express my feelings or emotions...So I buried them inside.
* Age 14. I tried numerous times to take my own life
* Age 15: I got in with the wrong crowd. And lost my virginity, Contracted two STDs and started using drugs.
* Age 16: I was gang raped at a party. I sunk deeper into depression. And began suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. I started cutting to release the inner pain.
* Age 17: I was admitted into a Mental Hospital and spent a week there.
*Age 18: I met my ( now husband)... And six months later found out I was pregnant...I was a Senior in High School.
*Age 19. I had my first daughter Morgan Grace
* Age 20: I got married and six months later…I was separated…And my depression escalated and I seen the worse of my eating disorder, and came close to hospitalization as my weight dipped under 90lbs...
I share this with you, to let you know that you are NOT alone in your struggles and pain... I have been where you are, and I know that LIFE HURTS! But I also want to let you know that there is more to my story aside from all the pain I experienced...
There was someone who pursued me in the darkest places with a love that I have never experienced before, who never once gave up on me…He pulled me out of my slimy pit and has spent the last 10 years cleaning me off, healing my wounds and restoring my life so that I could in return dedicate my life to introducing Him to young girls just like YOU!
That special someone is...Jesus Christ
And I would love the honor of helping you get to know Him more, and allow Him to do in your life, what He is done in mine!
Bless you sweet girl as you take the first step toward an amazing adventure in getting to know your TRUE Prince!!
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:1-3